Sunday, January 11, 2015

When Night Comes

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you already know I am a HUGE fan of Dan Walsh.

I discovered Dan's books in 2011.  If you are interested, you can read about it here.

I instantly connected with Dan's style.  His books are emotional, easy to connect with, and easy to sink into. If I want to get lost in a book - I reach for a Dan Walsh novel.  If like me, you are used to reading Dan's romance novels - brace yourself.

When Night Comes is a completely different work.  His author's note in this book explains why he took the risk, and I knew this was going to be different.

Suspense and mystery are not my preferred genre to read, so I knew I probably wouldn't connect as deeply with this one as I had in the past with Dan's other books.  Without giving too much of the book away, this is the one to pick up if you want an intense, gritty suspenseful read.  And don't worry - there's romance too.   For those who want more "thriller killer" type books - definitely check this one out.

The beautiful thing about Dan self publishing and writing something like this is that he can appeal to a broader audience of readers.  That takes some talent.  Was this book my favorite?  No.  But I am still a huge Dan Walsh fan and have no doubts he'll attract a larger following of readers by stepping into this genre.

Dan is a great writer and whether you prefer his suspense novels or his earlier books - you will not be disappointed.

Read more about the reviews this book is getting over at Dan's website.   He did a great job and took a huge risk by putting himself out there and venturing off the beaten path.  I like that. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.



 

No comments: