Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Bathsheba by Angela Hunt

I was absolutely blown away by how good this book was.

 I am a HUGE fan of biblical fiction and plan to go back and read the first book in the Dangerous Beauty series about Esther. The author clearly does her research before putting pen to page. Typically when you hear the name "Bathsheba", the first thing that comes to mind is adultery or the woman who seduced King David. This book made me think because it put Bathsheba in a whole new light. I always wondered if she went willingly to King David (was there some attraction on her part?), or if she went out of fear.

This book also made me think deeper about her marriage to Uriah. This story shows the heart of a woman caught up in a difficult situation and transports readers back in time. While the story stays very true and accurate to scripture, it also takes readers on a "what if" and weaves a fresh, new story that makes the Bible come alive. The author helps us see the human side of these characters, their weaknesses and struggles. I hated to see this book come to an end, and was caught up from the very first page. I can't wait to see how this series continues!    Highly recommended.

 

No comments: