Monday, September 21, 2015

Last Chance Hero by Cathleen Armstrong



I had not read any of the previous titles in this series, but that didn't stop me from feeling at home in Last Chance, New Mexico. I could completely identify with Jess, who is not a football fan. She finds herself trying to put down roots in a community that lives, eats, sleeps and breathes football. I respected her for making an effort to learn, since it was such an important part of the life of the man she's attracted to.

I liked the characters, with all of their quirks and the "busy bodies" who try to give Jess advice. The small town atmosphere comes through easily in this story.

Some of the story felt a little underdeveloped for me but overall, this is a nice escape read. It's not overly deep or complex, but enjoyable.

 

No comments: