Wednesday, January 16, 2019

We Hope for Better Things by Erin Bartels

 
Listen to this book for free on Audible with this link: FREE Audible Trial

*As an Amazon Associate, any qualifying purchase may allow me to earn a commission. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a while since I posted a book review, but I don't want ANYONE to miss out on this debut novel by Erin Bartels.

If you love historical fiction, get your hands on this immediately.

(Seriously.)

I wasn't asked to post this review.   I have no connection to the author or the publisher.

When a book is this good, no one should miss it.  I feel that strongly after reading this.

This is one of the best historical fiction books that I can ever remember reading.

Just this morning, I told my friend who shared this with me, that you when you close a book and you're still thinking about it many days later, THAT is a good book.

It was eye-opening, and heart-wrenching and I couldn't put it down.

It was so well written that I just sank into it like a warm cozy bed that you don't want to get out of.

I had to tear myself away from the story, because life doesn't stop but I easily could have read this in one sitting.

The subject matter was handled so well.  Hard to believe this is a "debut" novel, but I have added Erin to my Goodreads list of authors and I cannot wait for her next book.

I am not going to spoil it for you, but if you are interested in American history, Michigan history, etc you will not be disappointed in this one.


You can also use a FREE trial of Audible to listen to this book! 


Thank you for taking the time to visit my site. *Most links you find here are affiliate and I may receive a small commission off of each sale. 


 

No comments: