Wednesday, February 24, 2021

The Moonlight School by Suzanne Woods Fisher


Listen to this book for free on Audible with this link: FREE Audible Trial

*As an Amazon Associate, any qualifying purchase may allow me to earn a commission. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story reminded me often of Catherine Marshall's "Christy"


This historical fiction novel is based on actual events and if you love historical fiction as I do, you will not be disappointed. I enjoyed following Lucy on her journey as she discovered a whole new world outside of her comfort zone. 

Lucy is a bit naive, but she quickly learns that she will have to adapt to the backwoods hill people's way of life if she wants to fit in and accomplish her goals. 

This is an endearing story but also sad, as it brings to light the subject of adult illiteracy and how people were mistreated during this time. A message of faith is woven all through the story and I enjoyed it. I recommend this book!


You can also use a FREE trial of Audible to listen to this book! 


Thank you for taking the time to visit my site. *Most links you find here are affiliate and I may receive a small commission off of each sale. 



No comments: