Saturday, September 24, 2016

O Little Town by Don Reid


Christmas, 1958: Elvis is on the radio, Ike is in the White House, the Lord is in his holy temple.  But there is no peace in Mt. Jefferson.

In a small town where everybody seems to know everybody, there are still a few secrets. Three families find they are connected in ways they never suspected: an angry teen, a dying man, a lonely wife, a daughter in trouble.  


Just ordinary people, muddling their way through ordinary challenges. Illness. Marriage. Bad decisions. Friendship. Faith. Forgiveness.

Spanning three generations, O Little Town is a tender tale of love and redemption and a lonely gravesite where roses mysteriously appear every Christmas. It will touch your heart.



Cafe Lily's Review:

I really enjoyed this book!  I found it in my "waiting to be read" pile and pulled it out, on a summer day that was hot and muggy.   

(I love reading Christmas / winter books on super hot summer days.  It's just a quirk I have.)

This was a quick, easy, and light-hearted read.   Definitely a nice "feel good" story, perfect for gift giving.  I loved the time period it was set in, and all of the characters. 

The writing style was easy to follow and the small town dynamics were perfect. I highly recommend this!


 

No comments: